Winthrop University Foundation

Asset Delivery Instructions

Andy

A letter from the Winthrop University Foundation President Andy Wilson, PhD:

Dear friends, alumni and community:

During my undergraduate years at Winthrop over 30 years ago, I benefitted directly from the generosity of donors to the institution. Not only did I receive academic scholarships, but I also learned from world-class faculty and a diverse group of peers due to the philanthropic efforts spearheaded by the Winthrop University Foundation. 

The Winthrop University Foundation serves as the community's 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation that encourages alumni and friends to provide private funds and other resources for the University's benefit, to manage those assets and to provide volunteer leadership in support of the University's objectives. 

On behalf of the Winthrop University Foundation Board of Directors, we remain grateful for the opportunity to serve those who have given of their time and treasure to enhance the Winthrop University community. Countless numbers of Winthrop's students, faculty, staff and friends benefit from the world-class experiences this great institution offers. 

I would be remiss if I did not mention opportunities you have to participate in this longstanding philanthropic tradition. I invite you to visit the University's giving page to learn more about these societies and how you can best support Winthrop University. The Foundation staff and University Advancement team would be happy to discuss these options with you. 

Warmest regards,

Andy Wilson, PhD

WUF President 2024-2026

board 2023

Mission Statement

The current mission of the Foundation, which is governed by a volunteer board, is to support and enhance Winthrop University by encouraging alumni and friends to provide private funds and other resources for the University's benefit, to manage those assets, and to provide volunteer leadership in support of the University's objectives.