Scholar Profiles - Jazlyn Wilson

Name: Jaz Wilson

Classification: Senior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Columbia, South Carolina

Primary Volunteering Site: TBD

Why did you choose to apply to the Close Scholars program?

I chose to apply to the Close Scholars Program because I wanted to make a difference in my community and make various connections and serve as a leader on Winthrop's campus.

What do you look forward to as a part of the Close Scholars program?

I look forward to the bonds I can build with other Scholars as well as those in my community. 

Why is being a servant leader important to you, and why should it be important to others?

Being a servant leader is important to me because I am pouring into those the same communities that would give so selflessly into me. Furthermore the bonds and relationships you will create are everlasting. Service to others should be important because of the personal fulfillment you get, knowing that you have made someone's day brighter and lended a hand when they need it the most. 

Where do you see yourself in five years?

In five years, I see myself as a successful child psychologist working at Texas Children's Hospital, with a family of my own living in Pearland, Texas.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus or in surrounding areas?

As a Winthrop Ambassador, I love to hang out in admissions and meet prospective students and their families. 

Where would you like to travel to and why?

A place I would like to visit is Denver, Colorado. I would love to stay in one of the cabins while it's snowing.  

Fun fact?

I am a former Girl Scout.