Scholar Profiles - Kaitny Stroman

Name: Kaitny Stroman

Classification: Graduate

Major: Human Nutrition 

Hometown: Aiken, South Carolina

Primary Volunteering Site: Gentiva Hospice

How has being a Close Scholar impacted your college experience? 

The Close Scholars program has provided so many opportunities that have enhanced my college experience. The community service opportunities have opened doors through networking and building meaningful relationships that have led to internships and connections I will cherish for a lifetime. 

What has been your favorite volunteer site and why? 

My favorite community site has been Gentiva Hospice. I have been able to serve the Rock Hill office for three years, learn from the many people in the office, and build skills that I look forward to applying in the work force. 

What advice would you give to incoming students interested in serving our community? 

Push yourself outside of your comfort zone and come with a servant heart. I cannot count how many people I have met throughout these years but I am grateful for each person and the lessons I learned through volunteering and working at the various community sites. 

Where do you see yourself in five years? 

I see myself as a community educator planning health education events to help others build healthier habits.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus or in the surrounding areas? 

I love to watch the sunsets on campus green in the rocking chairs.

Where would you like to travel to and why? 

I would love to go to New Zealand. I did a research project on New Zealand in elementary school and I would love to make my young childhood dream come true.

Fun fact? 

I like to cook and bake!