Scholar Profiles - June Campbell

Name: June Campbell

Classification: Graduate

Major: Mass Communication

Hometown: Charleston, South Carolina

Primary Volunteering Site: Anne Springs Close Greenway

What makes the Close Scholars Program special to you?

The Close Scholars Program is special to me because it has made my transition as a first-year college student much more comfortable and interesting by allowing me to meet great people within the organization and get exposure to various parts of the Rock Hill community through volunteer work.

What do you love about the Close Scholars Program?

I love that I have a smaller community that exists within the larger Winthrop community that allows me to share special experiences and camaraderie with my peers in Close Scholars.

Why should incoming first-year students apply to the Close Scholars Program?

Incoming first-year students should apply to the Close Scholars Program because it will push you beyond the barriers of your comfort zone in terms of meeting new people, finding new interests and gaining great experience.

As a servant leader, what advice do you have for Winthrop students in general?

Laying down your time for the sake of others allows you to take a break from your own interests and make someone else's experience that much easier.

What has been your favorite community service experience?

My favorite community service experience has been going to the Nature Center at the Anne Springs Close Foundation and taking care of the assorted animals that they have with one of my Close Scholars' peers.

Fun Fact :-)

I have about four favorite colors.

Favorite Performer

Sade

Favorite Hobby

Playing piano