Scholar Profiles - Kymoree Wynn

Name: Kymoree Wynn

Classification: Senior

Major: Integrated Marketing Communications

Hometown: Florence, South Carolina

Primary Volunteering Site: NAMI Piedmont Tri-County

How has being a Close Scholar impacted your college experience? 

Close Scholars has impacted my college experience by providing me with many sources of knowledge about community outreach. I have been able to undertake my leadership role as a Close Scholar by providing help anywhere I can. I am grateful for the opportunity to help out the Rock Hill/Fort Mill community. 

What has been your favorite community service experience or volunteer site and why? 

My favorite experience with volunteering has been the annual NAMI walk. There were so many kind people there with good spirits and I also saw many people from my school participate in the mental health walk. That experience made me feel good about the advocacy we do for people with mental health issues. 

What advice would you give to incoming students interested in serving our community? 

I would let them know to find their volunteer site fast and stick to that one site because it is helpful for you. Although if you want to help out all around, then do all you can and use Eagle Impact as much as you can. 

Where do you see yourself in five years? 

I see myself doing real estate and maybe studying to get my brokerage license. 

What is your favorite thing to do on campus or in the surrounding areas? 

My favorite thing to do on campus is chill in the hammock with my friends. 

What is your favorite place to travel to and why? 

My favorite place to travel so far has been Jamaica because of the kind people that were there. I definitely felt connected to each person like we had something in common. 

Fun fact? 

A fun fact about me is that I can sing, play piano, play the guitar, and the flute.