Scholar Profiles - Monte' Curry

Name: Monte' Curry

Classification: Junior

Major: Mass Communication 

Hometown: Aiken, South Carolina

Primary Community Site: Winthrop Track & Field

How has being a Close Scholar impacted your college experience?

Being a Close Scholar has impacted my college experience because I feel that I have met people throughout the program that have helped me develop traits that I did not know I had as a first year student. Now that I am a second year I am able to put those traits into play by putting forth my best effort in everything that I do!

What has been your favorite community service experience and why?

My favorite community service experience is the Marathon that is held at Cherry Park. There are so many lovely people there and doing it as a group makes it ten times better. 

What advice would you give to incoming students interested in serving our community?

I would tell incoming students to start early in the summer with volunteer hours so you can have fun with what you’re volunteering at. It can be easy to get caught up in just trying to complete the hours without acknowledging the help you are giving to others who absolutely need it.

Where do you see yourself in five years?

In my five years I see myself being a school counselor in a middle school setting as well as a luxurious realtor in the area of Colorado.

What is your favorite thing to do on campus or in the surrounding areas?

My favorite thing to do on campus is going to DiGs and getting my work done and topping it off by sitting on Scholars Walk and watching the sunset.

Where would you like to travel to and why?

I would like to travel to Switzerland because I feel that it is a beautiful and historic area that I do not know about and would love to learn more about. 

Fun fact?

I have a twin sister.