Elementary Education Major Wins Big South Fan of the Year Contest

February 23, 2016

Quick Facts

bullet point Morgan Ruff is from Spartanburg, South Carolina.
bullet point She won with more than 800 votes.

/uploadedImages/news/Articles/morganruff1.jpg

ROCK HILL, SOUTH CAROLINA - Who's the 2016 Big South Fan of the Year?

It's officially Winthrop University elementary education major Morgan Ruff!

Ruff, of Spartanburg, won the Big South Conference's annual Fan of the Year contest last week. When voting closed on Feb. 26, Morgan had secured more than 800 likes, giving her the top spot.

Participants voted Ruff by visiting the Big South Conference's Facebook album and clicking ˜like' on her photo, which is on the bottom right corner (photo #8). Dressed in a Winthrop shirt, Ruff is pictured with men's basketball players Jimmy Gavin and Duby Okeke.

Ruff has attended 11 home games and 1 away game this season. She frequently posts pictures from the men's basketball games using the #W1NTHROP hashtag.

"I always make sure to wear garnet/gold or Winthrop apparel at every game," Ruff said. "I make posters for the team as well as individual posters for specific players and then get pictures with a lot of the players on the team in order to share with people on my Instagram account. I just enjoy being able to support the team because they've done amazing this season!"

Ruff will receive a $100 gas gift card from Circle K and a prize pack from the Big South Conference. The winner will also be recognized at the Big South Basketball Championships in Buies Creek, North Carolina (March 3-6) and Asheville (March 10-13).

[Back to Previous Page]

Button ArrowALL NEWS