Interior Design Majors Win National Scholarships

August 09, 2017

Quick Facts

bullet point Two interior design majors--Kylie Worman and Abigail Parisot--each won a $1,000 scholarship.
bullet point WithIt is the women's leadership development network for the home and furnishings industry.

/uploadedImages/news/Articles/KylieWorman.JPG Kylie Worman /uploadedImages/news/Articles/AbigailParisot.jpg Abigail Parisot

ROCK HILL, SOUTH CAROLINA - WithIt, the women's leadership development network for the home and furnishings industries, awarded a record number of scholarships to deserving students across the United States in honor of its 20th anniversary.

Two Winthrop University interior design majors snagged two of these scholarships.

Kylie Worman, of Columbia, South Carolina, and Abigail Parisot, of Walderboro, Maine, each won a $1,000 scholarship.

The two submitted letters outlining why they felt they deserved a scholarship, the appeal of the home furnishings industry, three letters of recommendation and a headshot photo.

Amy Van Dorp, managing director of WithIt, noted how thrilled the organization was with this year's pool of applicants.

As they prepare for their junior year, Worman and Parisot are already looking into future career options.

"Hopefully I'll obtain a career within the hospitality design field," Worman said.

"I would love to get into some form of commercial design, but I'm still deciding on exactly what part of that field I want to focus," Parisot said. "Perhaps healthcare, office or hospitality design? There are so many choices."

For more information on Winthrop's interior design major, visit the official website.

[Back to Previous Page]

Button ArrowALL NEWS