Winthrop Launches Continuing and Professional Education Courses

May 03, 2018

Quick Facts

bullet point Winthrop will launch a series of non-credit continuing and professional education courses this summer.
bullet point The courses will focus on critical thinking in the workplace, information computing and technology, and growing and running nonprofit arts and cultural organizations.
bullet point The courses are designed to meet community needs in professional development, workforce training and lifelong learning.

/uploadedImages/news/Articles/Guilbaud-Pat.jpg
Pat Guilbaud

ROCK HILL, SOUTH CAROLINA — Winthrop University will launch a new series of non-credit continuing and professional education courses this summer.

The courses are designed to meet community needs in professional development, workforce training and lifelong learning.

"Winthrop is now offering high quality continuing and professional education programs that are affordable and accessible. So, whether you wish to gain a new skill, explore a new career or pursue a passion, Winthrop will help you get there," said Pat Guilbaud, director of adult programs. "Participants will receive a certificate of course completion, and for those who choose, electronic badges are available upon completion of certain courses that demonstrate mastery of subject areas," Guilbaud added. "These badges show potential employers that you have mastered the necessary skill work determined by Microsoft."

The courses range in length from one day to a few weeks, and a variety of delivery formats are available: traditional face-to-face classes or strictly online courses.

Below are the upcoming courses:

I.Decision Making and Critical Thinking in the Workplace
July 15, 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m., on-campus, $199 or $249 with certification badge
Taught by Amanda Hiner, assistant professor of English and coordinator for the Critical Reading, Thinking, and Writing Program at Winthrop.

II.Information Computing & Technology (ICT) and MS-Productivity
1.Computer Skills (I - Basic and II — Intermediate); Location: Online
Date: July 11-Aug. 5

2.MS-Word (I — Using and II — Mastering); Location: On-Campus
Date/Time: Word I - July 18, 5:30-8:30 p.m.; Word II - July 22, 12:30-3:30 p.m.

3.MS-Excel (I — Using and II — Mastering); Location: On-Campus  
Date/Time: Excel 1 - July 25, 5:30-8:30 p.m., Excel II July 29, 12:30-3:30 p.m.

4.MS-PowerPoint (I — Using and II — Mastering); Location: On-Campus 
Date/Time: PPT I: Aug. 1, 5:30-8:30 p.m., PPT II: Aug. 5, 12:30-3:30 p.m.

ICT & MS-Productivity Pricing:
-$59 for one computer skills class or $99 for both.
-$79 for one MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint class or $149 for both sets of courses. Other pricing options are available. See website for details.

All ICT courses will be taught by Joyce Camp, director of the Richard W. Riley College of Education Instructional Technology Center.

III.Growing and Running Nonprofit Arts and Cultural Organizations
(Check website for details)
These three courses will be taught by Andrew Vorder Bruegge, assistant dean of the College of Visual and Performing Arts and program director for graduate programs in arts administration.

To register for courses, or for more information on courses, course expectations, pricing, course bundling, badges and more, please visit www.winthrop.edu/cpe or send an e-mail to cpe@winthrop.edu.

[Back to Previous Page]

Button ArrowALL NEWS