Winthrop Marketing Student Heads to the Super Bowl

February 01, 2024

HIGHLIGHTS

• Maggie Moore, a senior marketing major, will be on site Feb. 3-13 working at Super Bowl pre-game events and activities through the National Football League’s (NFL) Teammate Program.
  • Moore will be working fan festivals and alumni events, attending a Women in Sports luncheon, networking with NFL personnel, working inside the stadium on the big day and making content for the digital media team.

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA – The Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers will face off Sunday, Feb. 11, in Super Bowl LVIII…but a Winthrop University Eagle will take the field as well!

Maggie Moore, a senior marketing major, will be on site Feb. 3-13 working at Super Bowl pre-game events and activities through the National Football League’s (NFL) Teammate Program, which helps operations for major NFL events including the Super Bowl, Pro Bowl, and the London and Frankfurt games. 

“I’ll be working fan festivals and alumni events, attending a Women in Sports luncheon, networking with NFL personnel, and actually working inside the stadium on the big day,” Moore said. “I’m also part of a digital media team where I’ll be making content for the company all throughout my time there. It’ll be a lot of work, but an amazing experience!”

Moore landed the internship through a company called Living Sport, beating out a candidate pool of hundreds. The application process included several essay questions and a long interview. 

She feels her focus on how combining the arts and sports can make the other stronger set her apart from other candidates.

“…I actually used to strongly dislike professional sports when I was younger, as I always got annoyed when my dad took over the TV on Sundays,” Moore laughed. “As I got older I began to love the sense of community professional sports brought to people, and that’s when I started becoming a fan. I spoke on this experience in my interview and they loved my perspective on it.” 

Moore, who currently interns with Winthrop Athletics, will share content via Winthrop University’s and Winthrop Athletics’ social media platforms.

‘Meaningful connections’

After high school, Moore completed her Associate in Arts degree at York Technical College before enrolling at Hunter College in New York City…but she didn’t fall in love with “city life” like she thought she would, mainly due to not feeling a sense of community. 

“I wanted a smaller school where I could make more meaningful connections and after talking to some friends who went here, I decided Winthrop would be my best choice to transfer,” she said. “I'm so glad I chose it and found the sense of community I was seeking during my time in the city.”

Moore’s transfer was made via the Fast Track program, which allows dual enrollment students to easily transition from York Technical College to Winthrop.

She’ll graduate in December 2024 and hopes to work in some capacity with children in sports. 

“I love working with, and am very good with, kids at my current job,” said Moore, who’s a dance instructor/choreographer at a local studio, “so running youth partnership programs or community engagement would be very fulfilling for me.”

For more information, contact Nicole Chisari, social media manager, at 803/323-2403 or chisarin@winthrop.edu

Button ArrowALL NEWS