Office of Nationally Competitive Awards (ONCA)

What is ONCA?

The Office of Nationally Competitive Awards, or ONCA, is where students can learn about and compete for awards, grants, and scholarships in both the undergraduate and graduate levels.

"The Winthrop University Office of Nationally Competitive Awards helped me tremendously in my study abroad journey! They carefully managed my application process and made themselves readily available for any questions I may have had. Studying abroad was one of the most liberating and empowering experiences of my life."

"ONCA helped connect me to the Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship, which helped me purchase my flight tickets so that I could study abroad. I was able to spend four months both learning about and experiencing other cultures through the Semester at Sea program!"

"Working with ONCA has been great. With their help, finding funding opportunities for graduate school was much easier. Furthermore, I have been able to successfully secure funding. They provide guidance throughout the entire application process. All students should take advantage of the resources ONCA offers."

two students sitting outside looking at a laptop

Award Listings

Award Listings

Find the right award for you!

Learn More
two students smiling while working on their laptops

How to Apply

How to Apply

Learn how to begin the process of applying for an award.

Learn More
a student holding a highlighter while reading a textbook

Deadlines

Deadlines

Find the deadline to apply for awards.

Learn More
a student walking down the sidewalk looking at her phone

FAQ

FAQ

Find the answers to commonly asked questions here!

Learn More