Bachelor of Professional Studies (B.P.S.)

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.'s)

What can I do with this degree?

Earning a B.P.S. degree at Winthrop University will help you grow both personally and professionally. The goal of this program is to provide adult learners with the opportunity to build on their prior learning experiences to help advance their career. Graduates of the B.P.S. program will be exceptionally well prepared to be leaders in their chosen professions and in their communities.

What is the job outlook for college graduates in the local area?

York County, South Carolina is one of the nation’s fastest-developing counties of significant size. Winthrop is located in the heart of Rock Hill’s booming Knowledge Park district, and is within close proximity to the Charlotte, North Carolina metropolitan region.

Is the B.P.S. a 100% online program?

No – courses will be taught in traditional face-to-face, blended/hybrid and online formats.

How long will it take me to complete the B.P.S. program?

The desire is for the B.P.S. students to complete their program of study within two academic years. This will be dependent on how many courses you can manage each semester.

Will all of my college credits transfer to the B.P.S. program?

The B.P.S. program is designed to be transfer-friendly. You must take at least 30 hours at Winthrop to satisfy the residency requirement. Contact Dr. Scott Amundsen if you would like to meet and go over your previous coursework.

How many credits can I earn through Prior Learning Assessment?

B.P.S. students can earn up to 15 hours of academic credit for knowledge acquired from work and professional experiences using a Prior Learning Assessment (PLA).

When can I start the PLA process?

You will be guided through the PLA process in PFST 301, your first B.P.S. core course. If you want to discuss PLA in more detail prior to enrolling PFST 301, contact Dr. Scott Amundsen.

What is the tuition for Fall 2020/Spring 2021?

Full-time in-state tuition for the BPS program is $5,357 per semester or $447 per credit hour.
Full-time out-of-state tuition for the program is $10,373 or $865 per credit hour.
Learn more here.

Get started today! Contact us for a free, personalized consultation.