RESOLUTION TO HONOR KATHRYN I. HOLTEN FOR MERITORIOUS SERVICE TO THE WINTHROP UNIVERSITY BOARD OF TRUSTEES

WHEREAS, today we honor Kathryn I. Holten, who served Winthrop University with dedication, discretion and distinction for a decade as executive assistant to the president; and

WHEREAS, by supplying prudent counsel and demonstrating deft proficiency as secretary to the Winthrop Board of Trustees, she strengthened relationships among members and provided a vital link to the university community; and

WHEREAS, she personified unswerving loyalty and faith in Winthrop, its administration, and the high academic standards represented by the university; she also brought to each project a scholarly insight and loving sensitivity, always furthering the mission of the university as delineated in he Vision of Distinction; and

WHEREAS, it is within the rights and pleasure of the Board of Trustees to thank a public servant and honor her for her work, especially one whose selfless contributions to Winthrop have been so extraordinary;

THEREFORE, LET IT BE RESOLVED that the Board of Trustees of Winthrop University gratefully acknowledges the longstanding devotion, vigorous advocacy, and steadfast determination of KATHRYN I. HOLTEN on behalf of higher education and for this university in particular. Our thanks for your presence among us, our hope for your continued success, and our bet wishes for a long and happy future.

November 5, 1999