Continuing and Professional Education

Frequently Asked Questions (F.A.Q.)

Registration and Enrollment

Who can enroll in CPE courses?

Non-credit CPE courses are open to anyone, with no requirements; Applicants who desire to enroll in credit courses should visit /admissions/nondegree for details about admission as a non-degree seeking student.

Is there an application fee?

No application fees are required for CPE courses, except for the SBI institute.

How do I know if you are still accepting participants for a program I want to attend?

Programs that are still accepting applications will have a "Click to Register" on the program webpage.

Are academic credits awarded to CPE Programs?

CPE offerings do not award academic credit. Participants who completed their program will receive a Certificate. Our other CPE programs offer CEU, Badges or Certification that are tied to professional, industry, or other career-related requirements.

Program Fees

What is the fee for CPE offerings?

The average fee per contact hour for a CPE course at Winthrop is $40. Excluding the SBI and other extensive certificate programs, the cost of our CPE offerings does not exceed $499.

Are instruction materials and meals included in the fee?

Instruction materials are included in the fee charged for CPE courses. Fee for courses that exceed 5 contact hours in duration typically include meals. See course flyer for more details. 

Do you offer any discounts?

Discounts are offered for bundle purchase of some courses. Winthrop faculty and staff receive 10% discount off CPE fees. Special programs, such as SBI, may have their own fee discount.  

When is payment due?

Payment is due upon registration.

I have a question in regards to billing and payment and am already enrolled in the program. Whom should I contact?

If you have already enrolled in a program and you have confirmed that you plan to attend, please contact us with any questions regarding your payment.

General

Will I get a refund if I decide not to attend a class that I am enrolled in?

CPE payments are non-refundable in the event of withdrawal at any time. However, substitutions are allowed. In some instances, a voucher may be offered if a participant is unable to attend a CPE course due to an unforeseen or extreme personal event.  

Where do the programs take place?

All CPE programs are held on campus at Winthrop. Exact location will be provided to all enrolled students.

Am I expected to attend each CPE session?

Full-time participation and preparation are required for all CPE offerings. Participants are expected to free themselves of other obligations during the program. Less than full participation in a program could affect the amount of instruction hours received.

What is the cancellation policy for CPE course?

Occasionally CPE classes are cancelled due to under-enrollment. If your class is cancelled, we will notify you by e-mail and/or phone.

Whom do I contact regarding additional questions?

Please contact us via e-mail at cpe@winthrop.edu.