Political Science

My Political Science Experience

Timothy Kroboth

Political Science and Economics

Kroboth, Carl- largeJunior Timothy Carl Kroboth plans to pursue a career in international relations and economic development, and he found Winthrop to be the perfect institution to help realize his goal.

The Political Science and Economics double major chose Winthrop for the strength of the Political Science department and the reputation of the College of Business and Technology. "To prepare students for today's interdependent world, Winthrop's Political Science and Economics courses integrate both the local and international aspects of economics and politics," Kroboth said.

The Charlotte, NC native's journey only began at Winthrop. The university has supported his participation in the National Student Exchange (NSE) and his semester abroad. Through NSE, Kroboth studied Arabic at the University of Kentucky before studying at the American University in Cairo. "I studied abroad to take courses specializing in the Middle East, engage Egyptian culture on a personal level, and improve my Arabic," he said. "I traveled extensively and enhanced my understanding of that critical region of the world.

Whether a few states away or across the world, however, Kroboth still sees Winthrop as his academic home. "Winthrop's personal campus environment is conducive to developing close friendships and its student organizations have guided my growth as a leader," he said.

The faculty have played a major role in the campus environment. "Winthrop professors believe in giving students the personal attention necessary to move ahead of the crowd," he said. "The professors here clearly demonstrate a passion for preparing their students for the road ahead."

As a representative of the College of the College of Arts and Sciences on the Council of Student Leaders, Kroboth is giving back to the campus by representing student interests. He has contributed to the development of new cultural events and written to the South Carolina General Assembly in the interest of the student body.Kroboth, Carl- small

"My Winthrop experience has been nothing short of an adventure," he said.