Political Science

My Political Science Experience

Kimberly Dawn Pugh

Political Science

Pugh Dawn, KimberlyKimberly Dawn Pugh (2011) has been actively involved in the Human Rights Campaign, which is the largest organization in the country, fighting for LGBTQ equality. She has held several roles within the organization including, Community Events Co-Chair, Federal Club Co-Chair, Federal Club Council Member & 2017 Gala Co-Chair. The Gala Co-Chair role was one of the most challenging and rewarding experiences of her life. She overcame her fear of public speaking, and was able to address a crowd of more than 1,000 people! Dawn also has a passion for Real Estate. She is a Relator with Nestlewood Realty, specializing in Charlotte's boutique neighborhoods. She also loves to spend time with her family. She is married to a commercial banker and is the mother of two beautiful twins, Finn and Rory.

"The PLSC Professors at Winthrop University helped me obtain the skill set necessary to become an advocate for many vulnerable members of our society I came to Winthrop as a very nervous non-traditional student. I was terrified to share my opinion, to speak in public, or to stand out in a crowd. My passion to help others quickly helped me overcome those fears. That passion accompanied with the skill sets provided by the PLSC curriculum, have helped me to raise awareness and funds for those in the LGBTQ community."