Direct Deposit

All Winthrop University employees are required to have 100% of their net pay direct deposited into a bank account.

Setting Up Direct Deposit

All direct deposit entries and updates must be made via Banner – Employee Self Service. The pdf below provides step by step instructions and will walk you through the direct deposit set-up process.

Be certain to double check your entries. Returned direct deposits may result in a $25 fee.

Common Questions About Direct Deposit

• Can my net pay be distributed into more than one account?
    Yes. Your net pay can be distributed into as many as four accounts.
  • When will changes to my direct deposit information become effective?
    Direct deposit changes must be entered at least one business day prior to the payroll being processed. Please refer to the Payroll Calendars.
  • What happens if I do not enroll in direct deposit?
    Direct Deposit is mandatory for all Winthrop University employees. If an employee does not enroll in direct deposit, their net pay will be deposited to a cash pay card.
  • What information will I need to enter my direct deposit information?
    You will need your bank routing number and account number. Please refer to the example below to help you identify the bank routing number (denoted in red) and the bank account number (denoted in blue) on a personal check. If you do not have personal checks for the account(s) that you are adding, you will need to contact your bank or financial institution to obtain the bank routing number and account number.
    Check Example
    On the bottom of a check the first nine digits are the bank routing number, the next digits are the bank account number, and the last digits are the check number. You'll need the routing and account numbers to fill out the direct deposit form. Do not enter the check number.
  • What happens if the system does not recognize my bank routing number?
    You will not be able to enter your information if the bank routing number is not recognized by the system. You will need to contact the Payroll Office at 803/323-2271.
  • What if the system identifies my bank routing number as a different bank?
    Double check the bank routing number to ensure that you entered the correct information. If you have entered the correct information, you may proceed. This sometimes occurs when banks merge.