Staff Information

Gray, Rose

Rose Gray
TRiO Program Director
grayr@winthrop.edu
803/323-4794

Hi! I joined the Winthrop community in 2005 as the inaugural TRiO Program Director. Each day I have the pleasure of working with a superb group of TRiO professionals and a very lively, motivated group of students.

After completing my undergraduate work at the State University of New York at Buffalo, I received an M.S. in Criminal Justice from Northeastern University and an M.A. in Counselor Education from the University of South Florida. I stayed at USF and worked in the University's Counseling Center as a counselor for 2 years prior to returning to New York where I began my TRiO career. In New York, I worked at Cazenovia College as the Associate Director of a TRiO program. My 10+ years of TRiO experience in New York prepared me well for building Winthrop's new TRiO program and designing services to help you excel.

When not at Winthrop, I'm a very busy single mom. I love traveling, reading, and music and I spend a great deal of time with my daughter Lily, who is also a Winthrop student!

It's exciting to be a part of TRiO; I am very passionate about TRiO and providing students with opportunities for success. I look forward to meeting you and helping you reach your educational goals!

Janell

Janell Stevens
TRiO Assistant Director
stevensj@winthrop.edu
803/323-4793

Hello! My name is Janell Stevens, and I am a native of Hampton, Virginia. In December 2000, I graduated from South Carolina State University with a degree in Psychology. My family and I relocated to Rock Hill, SC in January 2007 when my husband was offered a position at the Small Business Development Center, and I began working as the Program Assistant for TRiO at Winthrop. I was promoted to TRiO Academic Counselor in August 2009 and began my master's degree in Counseling and Development with a concentration in Community Mental Health. I'm proud to say that I received my Masters of Education in May 2011 from Winthrop!

Outside of TRiO, I love being a mom to my daughters Brianna, Skylyn, and Tori, and wife to Larry Stevens! If you are in the program long enough, you will find out that I love cooking! I also love traveling and singing. I am a family girl and love spending time with them. I am excited to work with TRiO students and providing them the tools needed to be successful. I'm even more excited about helping you all reach your full potential!

Mitrovich, Monica

Monica Mitrovich
TRiO Program Assistant
mitrovichm@winthrop.edu
803/323-4797 

Hi! My name is Monica Mitrovich. I joined the TRiO team in December 2011. I graduated from Cleveland State University with a degree in Mass Communications. I am very grateful to work for Winthrop University and to be part of the TRiO family! If I can be of assistance to you, just stop by and see me, I'm happy to help!

Michelle Wolf

Michelle Wolf
TRiO Academic Counselor

wolfm@winthrop.edu
803/323-3912

At Winthrop, I like to say that there are no strangers here, only friends you have yet to meet. Looking forward to meeting you! I joined the Winthrop family in 2001 and have served students in various capacities during my time on campus. Now, I am so happy to serve as an Academic Counselor in TRiO, where I get to help students achieve their educational goals and graduate with a college degree. Additionally, I am the advisor to the TRiO Leadership Council student organization.

Growing up in Florida, I earned my B.S. in Biology, with a minor in secondary education, from Florida Southern College. After graduation I relocated to South Carolina and pursued a M. ED. in Higher Education Administration from the University of South Carolina.

When not at Winthrop, I can be found at the basketball court or the lake spending time with family--my husband, two kids, and three dogs. My husband is a graduate of Winthrop and my kids both attended Macfeat Kindergarten on the Winthrop campus, so we are all Eagles!

Emily-Barnette

Emilee Barnett
TRiO Graduate Assistant, Academic Counselor
barnette4@winthrop.edu
803/323-4780

Jessica Confroy

Jessica Confroy
confroyj2@winthrop.edu
803/323-4792