Welcome to Winthrop

We look forward to meeting you at Orientation! We strive to create a welcoming and engaging experience for new students and their families through Orientation, Welcome Week, and Family Programs.

Our hope is that through Orientation you learn more about the Winthrop experience and how to be successful in your transition academically, socially, and personally. We provide many tools and resources to help with this - it all starts at Orientation. Go Eagles!

Orientation

Register for Orientation

Pre- Orientation Checklist

Further Information for:

Incoming Freshmen
(Fall 2024)

New Transfer Students
(Fall 2024)

Families of New Students (Fall 2024)

E-mail is the quickest way to reach Winthrop offices. Faculty and staff will do their best to respond in a timely manner. For a quick list of e-mail addresses, please check out our Resources tab.

Eagle Experiences

"My favorite part of my Orientation experience was getting to know everyone in my group and becoming close with my OL. Orientation made Winthrop feel like home."

Early Childhood Education major from Greenville, SC

"Orientation served as a great opportunity to get to know other individuals who were going through a similar transition as myself. Starting fresh on a new campus, especially after having been in the military for 4 years, was very intimidating for me. I was able to use Orientation as a small stepping stone to help me connect to my peers."

Human Nutrition major from Southington, CT

"Winthrop Orientation didn't feel like 'Orientation.' New Student and Family Programs did a great job merging information and fun! Those two days flew by and made me one hundred times more ready and prepared for college." 

Dance Education major from Aiken, SC

"I loved that my OL reached out to me and showed interest in me. I felt particularly self-conscious entering college since I was younger than most students, so her bubbly personality really encouraged me and made me feel like I belong here."

Human Nutrition major from Fort Mill, SC

"My favorite part of Orientation was exploring the campus with our OLs. They were all so upbeat and helped any way they could with any problems I had and even made me feel really good about opening up to others rather than staying quiet like I normally do."

International Business major from Chester, SC

"As a transfer student entering Winthrop, I was nervous about being different and not fitting in. From the moment I arrived at my Orientation, those fears were alleviated, and I felt connected and included in the Winthrop community. No matter who you are, the staff of NSFP is here to support you on your Winthrop journey. Orientation Leaders will come alongside you to encourage, support, and connect you at Winthrop."

Sociology and Anthropology double major from Calhoun, GA

"My favorite thing about Winthrop is the opportunities that are available as a student here. The size of our population combined with the caliber of our faculty & staff and our amazing departments means that there is always an opportunity for a new leadership experience, a new mentor relationship, or finding a new passion. Students looking for an environment that pushes them to try new things and fosters their strengths will find that in Winthrop."

Integrated Marketing Communication major from Greensboro, NC

Family Programs

Welcome Week

Get Social With Us!

Facebook Facebook

Winthrop University Family Programs

Twitter Twitter

Instagram Instagram

@WinthropNSFP

SnapChat SnapChat

@WinthropNSFP

Orientation Partners

The Office of New Student and Family Programs would like to thank our Orientation Partners for their support. We welcome the opportunity to talk with other community business and organization representatives who would be interested in partnering with us in support of Winthrop's New Student & Family Programs. Please contact our office at orientation@winthrop.edu or 803/323-2387 for more information. Here are our current Community Partners:

Founders Federal Credit Union